Monday, November 12, 2012

The Rabbit


Here's an illustration that I did for a card game created by the well named Ponchounette, modo of a DeviantArt group in which I participate.

Ponchounette asked me to to illustrate the Ace of Diamonds as a “peacemaker” character, who would come from the angel's side to pacify the demons... Some sort of social worker for pissed off demons. My role when I was still living with my parents.

I went with the rabbit, because they're awesome, especially their tiny droppings that I hide in my roommates' cereal to brighten their breakfast.

I never was a big fan of card games. I always thought it was more a binding hobby rather than a fulfilling activity. My disgust is perhaps related to the fact that I played to much with cards in the hold of the boat I used for my stuffed “Hello Kitty” traffic between Bordeaux and Macao.

I don't know... It never amused me I guess. I have to admit that I never really understood the rules. I just played my cards by instinct. My playing buddies, scarred Chinese pirates, were laughing as I played with no strategy. Did I win or not? I'll never know since I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese, but they did laugh a lot as they pointed their fingers (and swords) at me at the end of each game.

No comments:

Post a Comment